Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Thankful


From now until Easter I have decided to write things I am thankful for. I am done complaining about others and their actions. I am going to focus on the positive things in my life.


I was reminded when reading Texan Mama how much I have to be thankful for my husband. He really is a great guy. He is a huge redneck, and a big male chauvinist neither of which is charming on its own, but his personality more than makes up for those other traits. He is awesome in so many ways. This week he is researching a SLR Camera for me, just because I mentioned I want one and to take a photo class. That is one of the thoughtful things he will do just because.


We have been married for 21 years in June. It has been an up and down ride, but finally we have smoothed out to an even flow. Looking back on all those years, it is nice to be in such a great place now. Nice to see that we grew up together, we still share the same hopes and dreams (some of us more elaborate than others!). The best part is being able to say I still love him and I still like him most of the time.


One of the most important thing I have learned over these years of wedded bliss and not so bliss is this:


You cannot live with people 24 hrs a day, 365 days a year and like them all the time. At least I myself cannot. Just because you don't like them does not mean you do not love them. And yes it really can be days, weeks, months (shhh, maybe even a year).


I am so happy to be able to say I love my husband!! And to know that he still feels the same way about me.

2 comments:

OHmommy said...

so much to be thankful for!

Lipstick and Hangnails said...

I agree about writing about the positive. It makes me feel better too when I do!

Happy St Patties Day and congrats on the 21 years.

This is a very nice picture of you and your loving hubby. Good luck on the camera and photo class. I really want to take another class. Maybe next year! Tami