Thursday, October 16, 2008

Washing Machines

I am just going to start this post by saying I HATE LAUNDRY!!! Ok I feel somewhat better. My washer has been a good machine for almost 12 years now, but like all good things it is coming to an end. My washing machine has been acting a little strange lately. First let me say that it is located in the laundry room aka the garage/computer room, and once I have started the load I walk/run as fast away as I can. I try not to think about it till it is time for the next in a line of never ending loads.

For the past few weeks it has been doing some very weird things. When you start it on regular cycle it will end on the very last cycle which is delicate. At first I thought my husband (lol yeah right!) or (funnier yet!) my kids had been changing it. The spin cycle has been failing, so we have been moving the dial to get it to spin. Sigh, one more thing on the long needs list!!

To make a long and not so funny story short, my washer has been going through all three wash cycles for about a week. Can't wait for THAT water bill!! Now I have to wash all the clothes on delicate cycle or set a timer and run out to stop it before the next cycle begins. And let me just say the delicate cycle ain't much help if you have dirty stinky soccer clothes! It's either wash them twice on delicate or just let it go through all three cycles. I HATE LAUNDRY! My friend Carrie pointed out the this commercial on her blog with Kelly Ripa and the new Electrolux washer. It is now occuping my dreams THANK YOU VERY MUCH! That lovely aqua color, that was the color from our so 1988 wedding. Peach and Aqua all the way!



Hey, that is just the plan I can use. Dear Wonderful Hubby, if you please, please, please, with sugar on top! buy me the AQUA matching set of washer and dryer I will think of our wedding day each time I do our laundry. That is saying I can remember much from the wedding 2o years later!! Oh yes and please note the aqua colored flowers in the homemade (by me of course!) bouquet below. Gotta love the 80's!!










2 comments:

carrie said...

Oh Tami, you know I feel your pain but 12 years is like a LIFETIME in appliance years - you have definitely been blessed!

And dude, you sooo need the aqua washer and dryer, then you could decorate your laundry room/computer room with palm trees and flamingos in peach and aqua just like my 1988 bedroom was decorated! Oh I do remember that color combination was so popular then, and OMG! Your wedding photo is adorable! Look at you guys! Soooo cute!!!!

J from Ireland said...

Oh, I can so relate to hating laundry, its the bane of my life. Thank you for your lovely comment, I hope someday your dream will come true to visit Ireland. I am really really excited to visit America. Best wishes.
By the way is that your daughter in her communion dress?? Such gorgeous kids you have.
J.